Love Story 3 column

Monday, January 10, 2011

Here Goes Something

Okay, so I'm brand new to blogging. And if anyone actually comes and reads this, let me give this little disclaimer. This blog will likely not be updated frequently at all. I am a SAHM to a 13 mo. old daughter. I have always loved crafting of many varieties. I like sewing, scrapbooking, cross-stitch, crochet, and making things for my home. I tend to do things in spurts. I will get on a sewing kick and make several items over the span of a month. Then after a few weeks of no crafting at all, I will break out the scrapbooking stuff, spread it out everywhere, and tackle a project. (Of course, that was before children!!!)

Since I've been home with my daughter for a year now, I've become obsessed with crafting blogs. Many of my favorites have just announced that they've been blogging for a year, so apparently I'm not too far behind the trend. There are so many good ideas and creative people out there. I'm not necessarily one of those creative people, but I do love getting inspiration and adapting an idea to my needs/family/lifestyle/decor.

What I intend to do here is simply post the crafts I make and give credit to those who inspired the idea. I don't have as much crafting time as I would like. I've seen one craft blog whose title is something like "While He Was Napping." I would love to have a couple of uninterrupted hours of crafting time every day. But alas, lately my into-everything daughter only naps 45 minutes on a good day. (Sigh!) So I just get a little done here and there.

If for some reason somebody in blogland finds me here, I hope you'll peek in on my now and then to see if I've found a few spare minutes to make something - and a few more minutes to blog about it!

And if I don't have a new craft, maybe I'll have a funny story to tell about my daughter.

Julie

1 comment: