Love Story 3 column

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Caroline's Car Seat Canopy

I finally got around to my first sewing project for Caroline, our 2nd daughter, who is coming in less than a month! When Annelise was born 2 years ago, I had never heard of a car seat canopy. Everyone just draped a blanket over and constantly adjusted it.

I came across this post from Sew Dang Cute Crafts almost a year ago, and thought maybe I would make a canopy for our 2nd child, if and when that came about. Two months after I saw the post, I was expecting #2. So I waited 5 months to find out our baby's gender, then waited another 3 months to actually make the canopy. (Yep, I'm a procrastinator!) And now that it's been finished for weeks, I finally took pics and am sharing it with you.

Here's Caroline's Car Seat Canopy:


Of course, the fabric came from Hobby Lobby - I can never get enough of their coordinating sets! The ric rac is from Joann. (If HobLob would just expand their notions a bit, I would be grateful for the one-stop shopping.)


 I think I'm going to love this little window!


When Annelise was a newborn, I didn't get out as much with her as I probably will with Caroline. I was pretty protective of morning naptime with #1. But now that Annelise is used to going to the zoo a couple of times a month, and we're just generally busier, I think I will get a lot of use out the canopy. Keeping out the elements, giving Caroline a little peace and "quiet" to nap when we're out and about, etc.

The tutorial on Sew Dang Cute Crafts was really easy to follow. If you want/need a canopy for yourself, please check out the link at the beginning of this post. If you know me personally and want one, I'll totally make one for you. I can't remember exactly how much I spent, but it was definitely about $10-15. Might have to keep this in mind for baby shower gifts, too!

Happy crafting,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment